OLYMPUS µ[Mju:] Stylus Zoom 35-70mm Point and Shoot Film Camera
►Released in 1993; Japan model
Olympus Lens 35-70mm zoom, f/4.5-6.9
The µ[mju:] ZOOM is a fully automatic point and shoot film camera introduced by Olympus in 1993. It was very small and curvy for a zoom camera and was the lightest in its class back in '93. with an integrated lens cover. It is switched on by shifting the lens cover to one side. It was part of the hugely successful Olympus Mju/Stylus series.
Advertised as 'weatherproof', that is, able to operate and flash in rain and snow. Unlike the basic mju/Stylus, the auto-flash popped-up at an angle when used, and when the flash is pressed down by hand, the camera will enter a 'standby' state, and can be reactivated by sliding the zoom lever.
This is a perfect everyday camera for all levels of photography and all occasions. The deluxe version we have here also has a switchable panorama mode available.
- Lens: 35-70mm zoom, f/4.5-6.9
- Active autofocus with 200 steps, closest focus: 60cm. Pre-focus lock enabled.
- Film format: 35mm DX-coded film, ISO 50-3200.
- Automatic exposure with programmed shutter speeds, thought to be 1/5-1/400s on some models and up to 2 seconds or even B (bulb) on others.
- Autowind and rewind.
- Integrated flash with multiple modes. (On the Stylus Zoom DLX, night-flash mode has a shutter speed of 2 seconds and rear-curtain synch).
- LCD display with battery check and frame counter.
- Power: 3V lithium CR123A.
- Dimensions: 124x64x45mm.
You can find sample images here!
Excellent condition of camera body with light signs of usage from normal wear, please refer to detailed product images. Clear lens free from dust, fog and fungus. Bright and clear viewfinder. Flash positive. Film advance and shutter release smoothly operating. LCD Screen positive. Mechanically in fully working order.
1 X CR123A